BBM for Windows PC 10/8/7
BBM for PC lets you chat and share with a speed, control and privacy you can’t get on other instant messenger apps. It’s the closest thing to being there in person. And with great new features, getting your message across is faster and easier than ever. BBM for Windows gives you more control with two features that are now free and unlimited to use. By setting a timer you can choose how long contacts can view messages and pictures you share. Plus, you can ‘retract’ your message if you sent it by mistake or don’t want them to have it anymore. BBM offers you so many ways to chat, share and connect with your friends and family for free*. As long as you and your BBM contact have BBM Voice and Video Call, a data plan and access to a Wi-Fi
Join conversations happening right now between people, brands and communities. Create a new channel to share your thoughts, ideas and passions. Or subscribe to an existing BBM Channel to join chats with others who share your interests. Share your location with Glympse – you can choose how long it’s visible. Now free and unlimited to use.
Discover the new BlackBerry Messenger for PC and everything it has to offer! We started with the best messaging features on the planet, introduced privacy features to keep you in control, brought you free voice and video calling, and now we’ve added thousands of stickers, free games, news, shopping, vouchers and more. Millions of people around the world have discovered how BBM has changed – Now it’s your turn!
Free Messaging & Calls
- Free voice and video calls between BBM contacts
- 1-on-1 messages, private chats and group chats
- Chat from the convenience of your desktop through the link: https://web.bbmessaging.com/
- Express yourself with thousand of stickers or your own sticker with
- BBMoji to express your every mood
- Change the chat background to your favorite image
- Find friends easily on BBM through your phone number
- Broadcast messages to all your contacts
- Send voice notes, photos, videos and all types of documents
- See when your messages have been ‘D’elivered and ‘R’ead
- See when a contact is typing a response
- The next evolution of messaging: Here you’ll find localized content and services for everyday use
- Find thousands of stickers, both static and animated
- The latest news
- Hundred of free games
- Follow your favorite football league matches and scores
- Subscribe to BBM Channels that interest you and receive their posts in your Feeds
- Create your own channel and build your subscribers to share your thoughts, ideas and passions.
Privacy features that keeps you in control
- BBM PIN – Keep your phone number private – customize your PIN and share with friends
- Block Contact – You always have the ability to prevent someone from sending you messages or invites.
- Timer – Send photos and messages that disappear
- Retract – Take back that photo or message you wish you hadn’t sent*
- Glympse – Share your location with a time limit
- Private chats – Safe from screenshots & prying eyes
Feeds – Your personal social network
- Set your high quality avatar using your favorite images
- Update your status with text, image, video to let people know what you’re up to or how you feel
- Like, share and comment to interact with your friends
- Post photos for all your friends to see
- Subscribe to BBM Channels that interest you and see posts from those channels in your Feeds
BBM Desktop is still in Beta stage
After release reaches 100%, BBM Desktop version will be rolled out to 25% of Android users only. Here’s how you do it:
- Android users can find the Desktop BBM icon on the “More” Tab.
- Click the link to open the barcode scanner.
- Go to web.bbmessaging.com on your desktop and scan its barcodes.
This new feature will allow you to be able to see all the chat or only Group Chat.
On BlackBerry messenger for Desktop you can search any specific conversation.
Search New Chat
On BBM Desktop you will be able to search chat history.
View Channel Broadcast Message
On BBM Desktop version you will be able to receive a broadcast message from channels subscribed.
Large View Image and Video
On BBM you will be able to see uploaded or shared image and video in large view.
Download and Delete Image & Video
On BBM Desktop you will be able to download and delete image and video.
“Back” Capability on Large Image
This new feature is for you as a user to return from an image large view by clicking the blur area (the area surrounding the image).
With this feature, you will be able to show a large text message (over 2,000 characters).
Capability to See Message from Replied Text
This feature allows you to see the message from a replied text
This new feature is for you as a user to be able to search for a contact from just several letters.
Large View Media thumbnail + right/left button
This feature on BBM Desktop allows you to see the image thumbnail to be displayed as a large view for images and videos. You can use the right or left arrow too on a keyboard.
Receive & Download Document Capability
This feature on BBM Desktop allows you to receive and download document through BlackBerry messenger for Desktop. So you can easily transfer document from phones to your computer or laptop
Chat date log separator
This feature allows you to see chat date log separator. On a conversation, scroll up to see previous messages exchanged from previous days.
Avatar inside the chat window
This feature on BBM Desktop program allows you to see your contact avatar inside chat window. Simply open an individual or group chat to see both types of the avatar.
Option to mute
This feature allows you to mute a conversation with your contact from your desktop. If you mute a conversation from your device, you also won’t get any notification on your desktop and vise versa.
BlackBerry Messenger app, also known as BBM, is a proprietary Internet-based instant messenger and videotelephony application included on BlackBerry devices that allows messaging and voice calls between BlackBerry, iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile users.
Why does my BBM app suddenly close?
This may be happening because your device is low on memory. Please try closing applications in the background that you aren’t actively using. You can also try clearing the application cache on your device. If the issue persists, please use the “Report Problem” utility within the BBM client to submit a help request to the BBM Care Team.
Why is my BBM Display Picture blurry?
Your BBM Display Picture may appear blurry or pixelated if the image is of a low quality or resolution. Please choose another picture or take a new picture with your smartphone camera.
Why can’t my BBM client connect?
For greater stability, always make sure you’re using the latest version of the BBM application which can be found in the Apple AppStore or Google PlayStore. Connection issues are usually caused by poor quality internet connections either through WiFi or your mobile provider. In most cases, connection issues are temporary and will resolve themselves once a good quality connection is re-established.
How do I use BBMoji ?
- Download the latest version of both BBM and BBMoji from the Apple AppStore or Google PlayStore
- Open BBM and go to any chat
- Tab on the sticker icon
- Select the BBMoji tab and click on Create Your Avatar
- You’ll be prompted to Authorize BBMoji
- Click Allow on Authorization page to link BBMoji to your BBM account and you’ll be redirected to the BBMoji app to create your personalized stickers
- Take a selfie or upload a photoexpression
- Choose your gender and age
- Customize your avatar based on preferences such as eyes and facial shapes and hairstyles. You can also accessorize your avatar with glasses and more!
- Click Save when you’re satisfied with your avatar, and you’ll be taken to BBMoji homepage with your created avatar.
- Tab on Start using in BBM to share BBMoji stickers on BBM with your contacts
BlackBerry Messenger users can:
- Make BBM Video calls or Screen Share over Wi-Fi or the mobile network on the latest smartphones.
- Cross Platform Video calls.
- Send and receive messages with unlimited length.
- Choose a personal BBM display picture and status.
- Custom PINs (In-App Subscription).
- Real-time confirmations when messages are being written, delivered and read.
- Share photos, videos and more with multiple contacts at once.
- Add contacts by scanning QR Codes, using NFC technology or sharing PINs.
- Send files such as documents, photos, music, videos up to 16MB.
- Create and join groups where you can share and discuss lists, photos etc.
- Share location.
- Create, like or comment BBM Channels.
- Free Call BBM contacts over Wi-Fi.
- Voice Call BBM contacts over Wi-Fi and mobile data.
- Retract send messages/Pictures/Audios/Files for free.
- Send messages and pictures with a time viewing limit (formerly in app purchase but free since latest BBM update)
- Send stickers (some free, more available as in app purchases)
- BBM Store for content Purchases.
- Timed Messages.
- Location sharing/tracking through Glympse.
- Groups can have up to 250 contacts.
- Fully Encrypted messages(BBM Enterprise Subscription).
Tips on how to download BBM PC App on your computer:
- Install the free Android emulator BlueStacks, it’s very easy, you can click-start this button to instigate the download process: Download.
- You can begin the installation process by selecting ‘install’ or ‘ok’ on the installer file you downloaded.
- After the software is installed, launch it immediately, then signup to input your details. Once you’re done with the process, sign in with your Google play account.
- When you have logged into Google play, start-up a search to locate the BBM App and click download.
- Then after downloading, click open to install.
- After installation, open the app and get on with the thrills that come with the features, with your mouse, touchscreen or keypad, you can navigate to any icon to emulate the pinch keys that will enable you to enlarge or minimize.
- You can decide to install a remote control app that will help you to regulate and manage the app better.
Data charges may apply
While these features are designed to remove the message or picture the recipient’s BBM chat view, they do not prevent recipients from capturing an image of the content by taking a screenshot or using an image capture device. Retracting a message after it has been read by the recipient will remove the message from the BBM chat view, but will not affect copies of the message that the recipient may have made prior to the message being retracted.